Living near Colton Utah starts with a Custom MLS Search in our Colton UT Real Estate Guide to find properties for sale near Colton in the local Real Estate area.
Colton is a ghost town located in Utah County, Utah, about 6 miles (9.7 km) south of Soldier Summit. Formerly a busy railroad junction on the Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad, Colton is a landmark on U.S. Route 6 through Spanish Fork Canyon between the cities of Spanish Fork and Price. The site was first settled in 1883 under the name of Pleasant Valley Junction, where the Pleasant Valley Railroad connected the mining town of Winter Quarters, 20 miles (32 km) to the south, to the Rio Grande line. This line was soon abandoned, replaced by a Rio Grande branch along a much easier grade between Pleasant Valley Junction and Scofield. Pleasant Valley Junction quickly grew to include a store, hotel, and five saloons. In addition to the railroad, the mining and milling of ozokerite was important in the local economy. Sometime just before 1898 the town was renamed Colton in honor of railroad official William F. Colton. Two years later in 1900 the Scofield mine disaster dealt the entire area a serious blow, but Colton survived. In 1915 Colton nearly experienced a second boom when the railroad considered forming a division point here, but they eventually chose Soldier Summit instead. Colton stayed a fairly busy railroad town—in fact, the town burned and was rebuilt three times. When the introduction of diesel locomotives began to eliminate the need for helper engines to push trains over the Summit, Colton rapidly declined. By the 1950s most of the railroad operations were stopped and the buildings removed.
Information provided by Wikipedia.
Colton Real Estate Guide Listings
For additional searches please fill in your parameters in the boxes below or pick a different City Real Estate Guide.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- 0 beds, 0 bathlot 3.00 acListing provided by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Elite Real EstateMLS 1578391
- 0 beds, 0 bathlot 2.50 acListing provided by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Elite Real EstateMLS 1578387
- 0 beds, 0 bathlot 1.47 acListing provided by Aspen Leaf RealtyMLS 1568896
- $200,0000 beds, 0 bathlot 80.00 acListing provided by Bridge RealtyMLS 1550411
- $69,0000 beds, 0 bathlot 6.10 acListing provided by Etzel RealtyMLS 1550329
- $20,0000 beds, 0 bathlot 13,068 sqftListing provided by Etzel RealtyMLS 1550317
- $750,0003 beds, 3 baths5,490 sqft lot 1.52 acListing provided by Aspen Leaf RealtyMLS 1542570
- 0 beds, 0 bathlot 11.65 acListing provided by PMI RealtyMLS 1529035
- $31,0000 beds, 0 bathlot 17,424 sqftListing provided by Century 21 Harman RealtyMLS 1519252
- $22,0000 beds, 0 bathlot 10,454 sqftListing provided by Century 21 Harman RealtyMLS 1519250
- $22,5000 beds, 0 bathlot 12,632 sqftListing provided by Century 21 Harman RealtyMLS 1519249
- $135,0003 beds, 1 bath960 sqft lot 13,068 sqftListing provided by Century 21 Harman RealtyMLS 1519002
- 0 beds, 0 bathlot 8.98 acListing provided by PMI RealtyMLS 1502481
- 0 beds, 0 bathlot 2.43 acListing provided by Team Teasdale RealtyMLS 1465754
The multiple listing information is provided by Wasatch Front Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. from a copyrighted compilation of listings. The compilation of listings and each individual listing are © 2019 Wasatch Front Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
The information provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.