To live in Salt Lake City Utah starts with a Custom MLS Search for homes for sale, condos, apartments and information for houses in Salt Lake Area Real Estate.
Salt Lake City, often shortened to Salt Lake or SLC, is the capital and the most populous municipality of the U.S. state of Utah. With an estimated population of 190,884 in 2014, the city lies at the core of the Salt Lake City metropolitan area, which has a total population of 1,153,340 (2014 estimate). Salt Lake City is further situated within a larger metropolis known as the Salt Lake City-Ogden-Provo Combined Statistical Area. This region is a corridor of contiguous urban and suburban development stretched along an approximately 120-mile (190 km) segment of the Wasatch Front, comprising a total population of 2,423,912 as of 2014. It is one of only two major urban areas in the Great Basin (the other is Reno, Nevada), and the largest in the Intermountain West.
The city was founded in 1847 by Brigham Young, Isaac Morley, George Washington Bradley and numerous other Mormon followers, who extensively irrigated and cultivated the arid valley. Due to its proximity to the Great Salt Lake, the city was originally named "Great Salt Lake City"—the word "great" was dropped from the official name in 1868 by the 17th Utah Territorial Legislature. Home to the headquarters of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) and Temple Square, Salt Lake City was historically considered a holy city by members of the LDS church; Brigham Young called it a "Kingdom of Heaven on Earth". Today, however, less than half the population of Salt Lake City proper are members of the LDS Church.
Immigration of international LDS members, mining booms, and the construction of the first transcontinental railroad initially brought economic growth, and the city was nicknamed the Crossroads of the West. It was traversed by the Lincoln Highway, the first transcontinental highway, in 1913, and presently two major cross-country freeways, I-15 and I-80, intersect in the city. Salt Lake City has since developed a strong outdoor recreation tourist industry based primarily on skiing, and hosted the 2002 Winter Olympics. It is the industrial banking center of the United States.
Information provided by Wikepedia.
Salt Lake City Real Estate Guide Listings
For additional searches please fill in your parameters in the boxes below or pick a different City Real Estate Guide.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- 3 Beds, 2 Baths1,600 sqftListing provided by Davidson Realty, FrankMLS 1630789
- 3 Beds, 4 Baths2,250 sqft lot 436 sqftListing provided by Chapman Richards & AssociatesMLS 1630770
- 2 Beds, 1 Bath2,240 sqft lot 4,792 sqftListing provided by Jordan Real EstateMLS 1630771
- 2 Beds, 1 Bath1,534 sqft lot 2,614 sqftListing provided by RANLife Real EstateMLS 1630742
- 0 Beds, 1 Bath166 sqft lot 436 sqftListing provided by Eightline Real EstateMLS 1630734
- 4 Beds, 2 Baths1,716 sqft lot 2,614 sqftListing provided by Osmond Real EstateMLS 1630723
- 5 Beds, 2 Baths2,122 sqft lot 6,534 sqftListing provided by Camden Real Estate LLCMLS 1630669
- 4 Beds, 2 Baths1,504 sqft lot 3,921 sqftListing provided by HomieMLS 1630626
- 2 Beds, 2 Baths1,083 sqft lot 436 sqftListing provided by Utah Elite Real EstateMLS 1630621
- 2 Beds, 2 Baths1,022 sqft lot 436 sqftListing provided by RealtyONE Group Signature (South Valley)MLS 1630586
- 2 Beds, 2 Baths860 sqft lot 436 sqftListing provided by Utah Key Real EstateMLS 1630555
- $500,0005 Beds, 3 Baths3,262 sqft lot 5,228 sqftListing provided by IMPOWER REAL ESTATE - DREAMMLS 1630551
- $1,599,0006 Beds, 4 Baths5,191 sqft lot 18,731 sqftListing provided by Windermere Real Estate-Utah (Salt Lake Branch)MLS 1630478
- 4 Beds, 2 Baths1,476 sqft lot 5,228 sqftListing provided by RE/MAX AssociatesMLS 1630482
- $269,9005 Beds, 2 Baths1,776 sqft lot 6,970 sqftListing provided by Realtypath- UtahMLS 1630473
- 3 Beds, 3 Baths1,914 sqft lot 1,743 sqftListing provided by Hallmark Real Estate Company of UtahMLS 1630469
- 4 Beds, 5 Baths5,225 sqft lot 14,375 sqftListing provided by CDA PropertiesMLS 1630402