To live in Salt Lake City Utah starts with a Custom MLS Search for homes for sale, condos, apartments and information for houses in Salt Lake Area Real Estate.
Salt Lake City, often shortened to Salt Lake or SLC, is the capital and the most populous municipality of the U.S. state of Utah. With an estimated population of 190,884 in 2014, the city lies at the core of the Salt Lake City metropolitan area, which has a total population of 1,153,340 (2014 estimate). Salt Lake City is further situated within a larger metropolis known as the Salt Lake City-Ogden-Provo Combined Statistical Area. This region is a corridor of contiguous urban and suburban development stretched along an approximately 120-mile (190 km) segment of the Wasatch Front, comprising a total population of 2,423,912 as of 2014. It is one of only two major urban areas in the Great Basin (the other is Reno, Nevada), and the largest in the Intermountain West.
The city was founded in 1847 by Brigham Young, Isaac Morley, George Washington Bradley and numerous other Mormon followers, who extensively irrigated and cultivated the arid valley. Due to its proximity to the Great Salt Lake, the city was originally named "Great Salt Lake City"—the word "great" was dropped from the official name in 1868 by the 17th Utah Territorial Legislature. Home to the headquarters of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) and Temple Square, Salt Lake City was historically considered a holy city by members of the LDS church; Brigham Young called it a "Kingdom of Heaven on Earth". Today, however, less than half the population of Salt Lake City proper are members of the LDS Church.
Immigration of international LDS members, mining booms, and the construction of the first transcontinental railroad initially brought economic growth, and the city was nicknamed the Crossroads of the West. It was traversed by the Lincoln Highway, the first transcontinental highway, in 1913, and presently two major cross-country freeways, I-15 and I-80, intersect in the city. Salt Lake City has since developed a strong outdoor recreation tourist industry based primarily on skiing, and hosted the 2002 Winter Olympics. It is the industrial banking center of the United States.
Information provided by Wikepedia.
Salt Lake City Real Estate Guide Listings
For additional searches please fill in your parameters in the boxes below or pick a different City Real Estate Guide.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- $1,100,0005 beds, 3 baths2,800 sqft lot 8,712 sqftListing provided by Realtypath LLC - SecureMLS 1618187
- 3 beds, 2 baths1,500 sqft lot 436 sqftListing provided by iPro Realty Network (Orem)MLS 1618181
- 0 beds, 0 bathlot 3.00 acListing provided by Equity Real Estate - SolidMLS 1618143
- 4 beds, 3 baths1,950 sqft lot 6,970 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate (South Valley)MLS 1618139
- $775,0006 beds, 4 baths4,190 sqft lot 10,455 sqftListing provided by Equity Real EstateMLS 1618149
- $395,0005 beds, 2 baths2,000 sqft lot 5,663 sqftListing provided by Miriam K. McFadden Real EstateMLS 1618111
- 4 beds, 2 baths2,092 sqft lot 4,792 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate - Premier Elite BranchMLS 1618090
- $334,9002 beds, 1 bath1,764 sqft lot 5,228 sqftListing provided by BlueMountain RealtyMLS 1618026
- 3 beds, 1 bath864 sqft lot 3,921 sqftListing provided by BlueMountain RealtyMLS 1618025
- $868,0004 beds, 3 baths3,032 sqft lot 7,841 sqftListing provided by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Utah - Salt LakeMLS 1617965
- Price Drop2 beds, 1 bath910 sqft lot 436 sqftListing provided by RealtyONE Group SignatureMLS 1617945
- 3 beds, 1 bath1,121 sqft lot 6,099 sqftListing provided by Influent Real EstateMLS 1617940
- 4 beds, 3 baths2,086 sqft lot 4,356 sqftListing provided by Century 21 Everest - CentervilleMLS 1617883
- 4 beds, 3 baths2,974 sqft lot 8,277 sqftListing provided by Bickmore & Associates Realty, LLCMLS 1617860
- 3 beds, 3 baths2,350 sqft lot 436 sqftListing provided by Summit Realty, Inc.MLS 1617857
- 2 beds, 2 baths1,215 sqft lot 436 sqftListing provided by Utah Real EstateMLS 1617836
- $250,0002 beds, 1 bath870 sqft lot 3,485 sqftListing provided by Windermere Real Estate-Utah (Ft. Union Branch)MLS 1617814
- 6 beds, 3 baths2,472 sqft lot 8,712 sqftListing provided by Realtypath LLC - AdvantageMLS 1617802
- $275,0002 beds, 2 baths1,171 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate - Premier Elite BranchMLS 1618079
This IDX is (c) Diverse Solutions 2019.