To live in Salt Lake City Utah starts with a Custom MLS Search for homes for sale, condos, apartments and information for houses in Salt Lake Area Real Estate.
Salt Lake City, often shortened to Salt Lake or SLC, is the capital and the most populous municipality of the U.S. state of Utah. With an estimated population of 190,884 in 2014, the city lies at the core of the Salt Lake City metropolitan area, which has a total population of 1,153,340 (2014 estimate). Salt Lake City is further situated within a larger metropolis known as the Salt Lake City-Ogden-Provo Combined Statistical Area. This region is a corridor of contiguous urban and suburban development stretched along an approximately 120-mile (190 km) segment of the Wasatch Front, comprising a total population of 2,423,912 as of 2014. It is one of only two major urban areas in the Great Basin (the other is Reno, Nevada), and the largest in the Intermountain West.
The city was founded in 1847 by Brigham Young, Isaac Morley, George Washington Bradley and numerous other Mormon followers, who extensively irrigated and cultivated the arid valley. Due to its proximity to the Great Salt Lake, the city was originally named "Great Salt Lake City"—the word "great" was dropped from the official name in 1868 by the 17th Utah Territorial Legislature. Home to the headquarters of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) and Temple Square, Salt Lake City was historically considered a holy city by members of the LDS church; Brigham Young called it a "Kingdom of Heaven on Earth". Today, however, less than half the population of Salt Lake City proper are members of the LDS Church.
Immigration of international LDS members, mining booms, and the construction of the first transcontinental railroad initially brought economic growth, and the city was nicknamed the Crossroads of the West. It was traversed by the Lincoln Highway, the first transcontinental highway, in 1913, and presently two major cross-country freeways, I-15 and I-80, intersect in the city. Salt Lake City has since developed a strong outdoor recreation tourist industry based primarily on skiing, and hosted the 2002 Winter Olympics. It is the industrial banking center of the United States.
Information provided by Wikepedia.
Salt Lake City Real Estate Guide Listings
For additional searches please fill in your parameters in the boxes below or pick a different City Real Estate Guide.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- 4 beds, 3 baths1,992 sqft lot 8,277 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate - AdvantageMLS 1603026
- $304,9004 beds, 3 baths1,721 sqft lot 6,970 sqftListing provided by Century 21 EverestMLS 1603012
- 7 beds, 8 baths11,288 sqft lot 1.39 acListing provided by RE/MAX AssociatesMLS 1602998
- 5 beds, 3 baths2,272 sqft lot 8,277 sqftListing provided by Century 21 Everest - CentervilleMLS 1602994
- 3 beds, 2 baths2,200 sqft lot 9,584 sqftListing provided by cityhome COLLECTIVEMLS 1602978
- 3 beds, 3 baths1,840 sqft lot 7,406 sqftListing provided by Century 21 Everest - DraperMLS 1602970
- $679,0005 beds, 4 baths4,219 sqft lot 7,841 sqftListing provided by KW Salt Lake City Keller Williams Real EstateMLS 1602913
- 3 beds, 2 baths1,926 sqft lot 436 sqftListing provided by Stringham Realty GroupMLS 1602818
- $610,0006 beds, 3 baths2,953 sqft lot 8,277 sqftListing provided by HomieMLS 1602815
- $545,0004 beds, 2 baths2,448 sqft lot 6,099 sqftListing provided by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Utah - Salt LakeMLS 1602789
- $1,100,0004 beds, 2 baths4,262 sqft lot 15,682 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate - Luxury GroupMLS 1602785
- 2 beds, 3 baths2,015 sqft lot 436 sqftListing provided by Realtypath LLC - PrestigeMLS 1602771
- 3 beds, 2 baths3,576 sqft lot 12,197 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate - SolidMLS 1602975
- 5 beds, 4 baths3,690 sqft lot 9,584 sqftListing provided by HomieMLS 1602752
- $279,9004 beds, 2 baths1,881 sqft lot 6,970 sqftListing provided by The Tollstrup GroupMLS 1602660
- $298,0003 beds, 1 bath2,220 sqft lot 4,792 sqftListing provided by Summit Realty GroupMLS 1602645
- 5 beds, 3 baths2,744 sqft lot 16,989 sqftListing provided by Realtypath LLC - PlatinumMLS 1602632
- 1 bed, 1 bath678 sqftListing provided by Northern RealtyMLS 1602553
- 1 bed, 2 baths1,075 sqftListing provided by Ulrich REALTORSMLS 1602547
- 2 beds, 2 baths1,147 sqft lot 436 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate - AdvantageMLS 1602627
- 3 beds, 2 baths1,436 sqft lot 8,277 sqftListing provided by Canyon Ridge Realty, IncMLS 1602735
- 4 beds, 2 baths1,722 sqft lot 7,406 sqftListing provided by Wise Choice Real EstateMLS 1602604
The multiple listing information is provided by Wasatch Front Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. from a copyrighted compilation of listings. The compilation of listings and each individual listing are © 2019 Wasatch Front Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
The information provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
This Real Estate IDX is (c) Diverse Solutions 2019.