To live in Kearns Utah starts with a Custom MLS Search in our Kearns UT Real Estate Guide to find homes for sale, condos, houses in the local Real Estate area.
Kearns is a township and census-designated place (CDP) in Salt Lake County, Utah, United States. Named after Utah's U.S. Senator Thomas Kearns, it had a population of 35,731 at the 2010 Census. This was a 6.2 percent increase over the 2000 figure of 33,659. Kearns is home to the Utah Olympic Oval, an indoor speed skating oval built for the 2002 Winter Olympics. Actor and entertainer Palmer Scott was raised in Kearns from 1956 to 1980. Kearns came into existence 1 May 1942 as a World War II United States Army Air Forces training facility known as Kearns Army Air Base (also known as Kearns Center; redesignated: Camp Kearns, 1 January 1944). Construction of the base involved building airplane runways and hangars, with several taxiways and a large parking apron and a control tower. Several hundred buildings were also constructed and quickly assembled. Most base buildings, not meant for long-term use, were constructed of temporary or semi-permanent materials. Most support buildings sat on concrete foundations but were of frame construction clad in little more than plywood and tarpaper. The thousands of soldiers and airmen stationed there temporarily made the base one of the largest cities in the state. On 15 August 1946 the Air Force inactivated the base, and turned the facility over to the State of Utah. The presence of roads and other infrastructure made the area attractive to developers. Houses and business sprang up rapidly on what had just a few years earlier been farmland. Today only two buildings remain of the former Air Base. The airfield part of Kearns Army Air Base today is known as South Valley Regional Airport.
Kearns Real Estate Guide Listings
For additional searches please fill in your parameters in the boxes below or pick a different City Real Estate Guide.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- $250,0003 beds, 2 baths2,100 sqft lot 7,841 sqftListing provided by Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage-Salt LakeMLS 1602983
- $334,9996 beds, 2 baths2,211 sqft lot 6,099 sqftListing provided by Realtypath LLC - PrestigeMLS 1602720
- $289,9004 beds, 2 baths1,744 sqft lot 6,970 sqftListing provided by HomieMLS 1602037
- $349,9007 beds, 3 baths4,113 sqft lot 7,406 sqftListing provided by Stonebrook Real EstateMLS 1601318
- $209,9003 beds, 1 bath1,002 sqft lot 6,099 sqftListing provided by Coldwell Banker Residential Bkrg - Union HeightsMLS 1600751
- 5 beds, 2 baths1,888 sqft lot 10,019 sqftListing provided by HomieMLS 1600552
- 3 beds, 3 baths3,013 sqft lot 10,455 sqftListing provided by Moore HomesMLS 1600222
- $379,9993 beds, 2 baths3,042 sqft lot 9,148 sqftListing provided by RE/MAX Associates LaytonMLS 1599843
- $274,9004 beds, 2 baths2,052 sqft lot 6,099 sqftListing provided by Realty Experts IncMLS 1599630
- $255,0003 beds, 1 bath1,057 sqft lot 6,534 sqftListing provided by Realtypath LLC - Home and FamilyMLS 1596476
- $253,0003 beds, 2 baths1,584 sqft lot 7,841 sqftListing provided by KW LEGACY KELLER WILLIAMS REALTY (Bountiful)MLS 1595874
- $260,0003 beds, 2 baths1,979 sqft lot 10,018 sqftListing provided by Signature Real Estate Utah - Cottonwood HeightsMLS 1593919
- $349,900lot 12,196 sqftListing provided by ERA Skyline Real EstateMLS 1509092
- lot 436 sqftListing provided by Arrow Real Estate Services, Inc.MLS 1460043
The multiple listing information is provided by Wasatch Front Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. from a copyrighted compilation of listings. The compilation of listings and each individual listing are © 2019 Wasatch Front Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
The information provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
This IDX Website is powered by Diverse Solutions 2019.