To live in Kearns Utah starts with a Custom MLS Search in our Kearns UT Real Estate Guide to find homes for sale, condos, houses in the local Real Estate area.
Kearns is a township and census-designated place (CDP) in Salt Lake County, Utah, United States. Named after Utah's U.S. Senator Thomas Kearns, it had a population of 35,731 at the 2010 Census. This was a 6.2 percent increase over the 2000 figure of 33,659. Kearns is home to the Utah Olympic Oval, an indoor speed skating oval built for the 2002 Winter Olympics. Actor and entertainer Palmer Scott was raised in Kearns from 1956 to 1980. Kearns came into existence 1 May 1942 as a World War II United States Army Air Forces training facility known as Kearns Army Air Base (also known as Kearns Center; redesignated: Camp Kearns, 1 January 1944). Construction of the base involved building airplane runways and hangars, with several taxiways and a large parking apron and a control tower. Several hundred buildings were also constructed and quickly assembled. Most base buildings, not meant for long-term use, were constructed of temporary or semi-permanent materials. Most support buildings sat on concrete foundations but were of frame construction clad in little more than plywood and tarpaper. The thousands of soldiers and airmen stationed there temporarily made the base one of the largest cities in the state. On 15 August 1946 the Air Force inactivated the base, and turned the facility over to the State of Utah. The presence of roads and other infrastructure made the area attractive to developers. Houses and business sprang up rapidly on what had just a few years earlier been farmland. Today only two buildings remain of the former Air Base. The airfield part of Kearns Army Air Base today is known as South Valley Regional Airport.
Kearns Real Estate Guide Listings
For additional searches please fill in your parameters in the boxes below or pick a different City Real Estate Guide.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- $265,0003 beds, 2 baths1,440 sqft lot 8,712 sqftListing provided by KW South Valley Keller WilliamsMLS 1617781
- 3 beds, 2 baths2,898 sqft lot 11,762 sqftListing provided by Moore HomesMLS 1617087
- 3 beds, 3 baths3,013 sqft lot 10,455 sqftListing provided by Moore HomesMLS 1617088
- $250,0003 beds, 2 baths1,758 sqft lot 6,970 sqftListing provided by KW Utah Realtors Keller WilliamsMLS 1615871
- $270,0005 beds, 2 baths1,716 sqft lot 6,970 sqftListing provided by WU Enter Real EstateMLS 1615866
- 4 beds, 3 baths1,833 sqft lot 6,970 sqftListing provided by HomieMLS 1616015
- $325,0004 beds, 2 baths1,850 sqft lot 6,534 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate - Premier Elite BranchMLS 1615351
- Price Drop3 beds, 2 baths1,617 sqft lot 7,406 sqftListing provided by RE/MAX EquityMLS 1615333
- $279,0004 beds, 2 baths1,976 sqft lot 6,099 sqftListing provided by Century 21 EverestMLS 1614063
- $250,000Price Drop3 beds, 2 baths1,176 sqft lot 6,970 sqftListing provided by HomieMLS 1613120
- $204,9004 beds, 2 baths2,385 sqft lot 10,455 sqftListing provided by Century 21 EverestMLS 1612282
- $285,5002 beds, 1 bath1,730 sqft lot 6,099 sqftListing provided by RE/MAX Associates LaytonMLS 1612231
- $299,0004 beds, 2 baths1,788 sqft lot 7,406 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate - Premier Elite BranchMLS 1607975
- $239,9003 beds, 3 baths1,602 sqft lot 6,099 sqftListing provided by Team Plus Realty of Utah, LLCMLS 1603861
- $329,9996 beds, 2 baths1,811 sqft lot 6,099 sqftListing provided by Realtypath LLC - PrestigeMLS 1602720
- $349,900lot 12,196 sqftListing provided by ERA Skyline Real EstateMLS 1509092
- lot 436 sqftListing provided by Arrow Real Estate Services, Inc.MLS 1460043
This MLS IDX is (c) Diverse Solutions 2019.