To live in Kearns Utah starts with a Custom MLS Search in our Kearns UT Real Estate Guide to find homes for sale, condos, houses in the local Real Estate area.
Kearns is a township and census-designated place (CDP) in Salt Lake County, Utah, United States. Named after Utah's U.S. Senator Thomas Kearns, it had a population of 35,731 at the 2010 Census. This was a 6.2 percent increase over the 2000 figure of 33,659. Kearns is home to the Utah Olympic Oval, an indoor speed skating oval built for the 2002 Winter Olympics. Actor and entertainer Palmer Scott was raised in Kearns from 1956 to 1980. Kearns came into existence 1 May 1942 as a World War II United States Army Air Forces training facility known as Kearns Army Air Base (also known as Kearns Center; redesignated: Camp Kearns, 1 January 1944). Construction of the base involved building airplane runways and hangars, with several taxiways and a large parking apron and a control tower. Several hundred buildings were also constructed and quickly assembled. Most base buildings, not meant for long-term use, were constructed of temporary or semi-permanent materials. Most support buildings sat on concrete foundations but were of frame construction clad in little more than plywood and tarpaper. The thousands of soldiers and airmen stationed there temporarily made the base one of the largest cities in the state. On 15 August 1946 the Air Force inactivated the base, and turned the facility over to the State of Utah. The presence of roads and other infrastructure made the area attractive to developers. Houses and business sprang up rapidly on what had just a few years earlier been farmland. Today only two buildings remain of the former Air Base. The airfield part of Kearns Army Air Base today is known as South Valley Regional Airport.
Kearns Real Estate Guide Listings
For additional searches please fill in your parameters in the boxes below or pick a different City Real Estate Guide.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- $260,0003 beds, 2 baths1,979 sqft lot 10,018 sqftListing provided by Signature Real Estate Utah - Cottonwood HeightsMLS 1593919
- $269,9994 beds, 2 baths2,496 sqft lot 7,405 sqftListing provided by Realtypath LLC - PrestigeMLS 1593277
- $235,0005 beds, 2 baths1,976 sqft lot 6,969 sqftListing provided by KW South Valley Keller WilliamsMLS 1592121
- 3 beds, 2 baths3,046 sqft lot 8,712 sqftListing provided by Moore HomesMLS 1591520
- 3 beds, 2 baths2,898 sqft lot 11,325 sqftListing provided by Moore HomesMLS 1588224
- $349,900lot 12,196 sqftListing provided by ERA Skyline Real EstateMLS 1509092
- lot 435 sqftListing provided by Arrow Real Estate Services, Inc.MLS 1460043
The multiple listing information is provided by Wasatch Front Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. from a copyrighted compilation of listings. The compilation of listings and each individual listing are © 2019 Wasatch Front Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
The information provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.