To live in Riverton Utah starts with a Custom MLS Search in our Riverton UT Real Estate Guide to find homes for sale, land, houses in the local Real Estate area.
Riverton is a city in Salt Lake County, Utah, United States. It is part of the Salt Lake City, Utah Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 38,753 at the 2010 census. Riverton is located in the rapidly growing Southwestern corner of the Salt Lake Valley. Riverton shares city borders with South Jordan to the north, Draper to the east, Bluffdale to the south, and Herriman to the west. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 12.6 square miles (32.6 km²). The city is located in the Southwestern corner of the Salt Lake Valley about twenty miles (32 km) south and slightly west of Salt Lake City. Riverton City receives an average of 15.76 inches (400 mm) in precipitation each year. Snow can be seen in the winter, while during the summer temperatures occasionally break 100 °F (38 °C). Riverton has grown rapidly in the last few years,[when?] transforming it from a rural farming town into a suburban city. Businesses, housing, and roads have replaced many of the farms and cattle ranges. Located in the southern end of Salt Lake Valley, the first people of European descent to live in the area that is now Riverton settled in the mid-1850s. These early settlers scattered widely along the river bottom in crude dugout homes. Although the early accounts disagree, Archibald Gardner may have been the first to live on Riverton land. The town was originally referred to as “Gardnerville” prior to changing its name to Riverton. Riverton's initial growth was slow because of the lack of water for irrigation. When more water became available, the town began to grow. Eventually three canals were built to extend water from the nearby Jordan River to the benchland areas, providing irrigation for agricultural uses to the larger area. By the beginning of World War I in 1914, with its additional irrigation water and influx of people, Riverton prospered as an agricultural community. Its thriving business district was also evident at this time.
Information provided by Wikepedia.
Riverton Real Estate Guide Listings
For additional searches please fill in your parameters in the boxes below or pick a different City Real Estate Guide.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- 3 beds, 3 baths3,712 sqft lot 10,019 sqftListing provided by Integra Realty - CorporateMLS 1604071
- 4 beds, 3 baths1,843 sqft lot 436 sqftListing provided by Wright RealtyMLS 1603666
- 6 beds, 3 baths3,704 sqft lot 13,068 sqftListing provided by Stonebrook Real EstateMLS 1603018
- 3 beds, 3 baths2,282 sqft lot 872 sqftListing provided by HomieMLS 1602898
- 5 beds, 3 baths2,776 sqft lot 10,890 sqftListing provided by KW South Valley Keller WilliamsMLS 1602856
- 3 beds, 3 baths1,501 sqft lot 436 sqftListing provided by Wright RealtyMLS 1602327
- $680,0006 beds, 4 baths5,156 sqft lot 26,136 sqftListing provided by Century 21 Everest - CentervilleMLS 1602298
- $1,250,0006 beds, 6 baths6,021 sqft lot 1.04 acListing provided by RealtyONE Group SignatureMLS 1602059
- $529,5003 beds, 3 baths3,550 sqft lot 23,523 sqftListing provided by HomieMLS 1601930
- $574,9006 beds, 4 baths4,024 sqft lot 21,780 sqftListing provided by Rock Real Estate Group LLCMLS 1601482
- 4 beds, 3 baths2,624 sqft lot 4,792 sqftListing provided by RANLife Real EstateMLS 1601423
- 4 beds, 3 baths4,044 sqft lot 15,682 sqftListing provided by Red Cliffs Real EstateMLS 1601035
- 4 beds, 2 baths1,960 sqft lot 10,019 sqftListing provided by Wasatch RealtyMLS 1599990
- Price Drop6 beds, 4 baths3,963 sqft lot 11,762 sqftListing provided by Utah Executive Real Estate L.C.MLS 1599826
The multiple listing information is provided by Wasatch Front Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. from a copyrighted compilation of listings. The compilation of listings and each individual listing are © 2019 Wasatch Front Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
The information provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
This IDX Website is powered by Diverse Solutions 2019.