To live in Riverton Utah starts with a Custom MLS Search in our Riverton UT Real Estate Guide to find homes for sale, land, houses in the local Real Estate area.
Riverton is a city in Salt Lake County, Utah, United States. It is part of the Salt Lake City, Utah Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 38,753 at the 2010 census. Riverton is located in the rapidly growing Southwestern corner of the Salt Lake Valley. Riverton shares city borders with South Jordan to the north, Draper to the east, Bluffdale to the south, and Herriman to the west. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 12.6 square miles (32.6 km²). The city is located in the Southwestern corner of the Salt Lake Valley about twenty miles (32 km) south and slightly west of Salt Lake City. Riverton City receives an average of 15.76 inches (400 mm) in precipitation each year. Snow can be seen in the winter, while during the summer temperatures occasionally break 100 °F (38 °C). Riverton has grown rapidly in the last few years,[when?] transforming it from a rural farming town into a suburban city. Businesses, housing, and roads have replaced many of the farms and cattle ranges. Located in the southern end of Salt Lake Valley, the first people of European descent to live in the area that is now Riverton settled in the mid-1850s. These early settlers scattered widely along the river bottom in crude dugout homes. Although the early accounts disagree, Archibald Gardner may have been the first to live on Riverton land. The town was originally referred to as “Gardnerville” prior to changing its name to Riverton. Riverton's initial growth was slow because of the lack of water for irrigation. When more water became available, the town began to grow. Eventually three canals were built to extend water from the nearby Jordan River to the benchland areas, providing irrigation for agricultural uses to the larger area. By the beginning of World War I in 1914, with its additional irrigation water and influx of people, Riverton prospered as an agricultural community. Its thriving business district was also evident at this time.
Information provided by Wikepedia.
Riverton Real Estate Guide Listings
For additional searches please fill in your parameters in the boxes below or pick a different City Real Estate Guide.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- $340,0000 Beds, 0 Bathlot 1.05 acListing provided by Equity Real Estate - AdvantageMLS 1631712
- $460,0004 Beds, 3 Baths2,772 sqft lot 22,216 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate - SolidMLS 1631474
- $619,9004 Beds, 4 Baths4,418 sqft lot 11,326 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate - TooeleMLS 1631436
- 5 Beds, 3 Baths3,456 sqft lot 10,019 sqftListing provided by Coy-Nelson and CompanyMLS 1631124
- $490,0006 Beds, 3 Baths2,663 sqft lot 10,019 sqftListing provided by Realtypath South ValleyMLS 1631062
- 5 Beds, 4 Baths3,382 sqft lot 6,534 sqftListing provided by RealtyONE Group SignatureMLS 1630913
- 3 Beds, 3 Baths4,896 sqft lot 13,504 sqftListing provided by Treasure Valley Real EstateMLS 1630675
- $351,0005 Beds, 2 Baths2,038 sqft lot 10,455 sqftListing provided by Century 21 EverestMLS 1630717
- $319,0003 Beds, 3 Baths1,864 sqft lot 1,743 sqftListing provided by RANLife Real EstateMLS 1630484
- $310,0003 Beds, 2 Baths1,284 sqft lot 12,197 sqftListing provided by Integra Realty - CorporateMLS 1630257
- $359,900Price Drop4 Beds, 3 Baths1,808 sqft lot 14,811 sqftListing provided by Realtypath South ValleyMLS 1630147
- $589,0004 Beds, 3 Baths3,898 sqft lot 10,890 sqftListing provided by Summit Realty, Inc.MLS 1629922
- $370,0004 Beds, 3 Baths2,401 sqft lot 10,019 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate - AdvantageMLS 1629920
- 5 Beds, 3 Baths3,138 sqft lot 6,099 sqftListing provided by HomieMLS 1630362
- $465,0005 Beds, 4 Baths3,849 sqft lot 15,682 sqftListing provided by KW South Valley Keller WilliamsMLS 1628516
- $374,900Price Drop5 Beds, 3 Baths2,394 sqft lot 10,890 sqftListing provided by Stonebrook Real EstateMLS 1628445