To live in Salt Lake City Utah starts with a Custom MLS Search for homes for sale, condos, apartments and information for houses in Salt Lake Area Real Estate.
Salt Lake City, often shortened to Salt Lake or SLC, is the capital and the most populous municipality of the U.S. state of Utah. With an estimated population of 190,884 in 2014, the city lies at the core of the Salt Lake City metropolitan area, which has a total population of 1,153,340 (2014 estimate). Salt Lake City is further situated within a larger metropolis known as the Salt Lake City-Ogden-Provo Combined Statistical Area. This region is a corridor of contiguous urban and suburban development stretched along an approximately 120-mile (190 km) segment of the Wasatch Front, comprising a total population of 2,423,912 as of 2014. It is one of only two major urban areas in the Great Basin (the other is Reno, Nevada), and the largest in the Intermountain West.
The city was founded in 1847 by Brigham Young, Isaac Morley, George Washington Bradley and numerous other Mormon followers, who extensively irrigated and cultivated the arid valley. Due to its proximity to the Great Salt Lake, the city was originally named "Great Salt Lake City"—the word "great" was dropped from the official name in 1868 by the 17th Utah Territorial Legislature. Home to the headquarters of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) and Temple Square, Salt Lake City was historically considered a holy city by members of the LDS church; Brigham Young called it a "Kingdom of Heaven on Earth". Today, however, less than half the population of Salt Lake City proper are members of the LDS Church.
Immigration of international LDS members, mining booms, and the construction of the first transcontinental railroad initially brought economic growth, and the city was nicknamed the Crossroads of the West. It was traversed by the Lincoln Highway, the first transcontinental highway, in 1913, and presently two major cross-country freeways, I-15 and I-80, intersect in the city. Salt Lake City has since developed a strong outdoor recreation tourist industry based primarily on skiing, and hosted the 2002 Winter Olympics. It is the industrial banking center of the United States.
Information provided by Wikepedia.
Salt Lake City Real Estate Guide Listings
For additional searches please fill in your parameters in the boxes below or pick a different City Real Estate Guide.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- 4 beds, 2 baths1,508 sqft lot 7,840 sqftListing provided by Wise Choice Real Estate - CentralMLS 1594259
- 2 beds, 1 bath998 sqft lot 435 sqftListing provided by REALTYPATH (PREFERRED)MLS 1594250
- 2 beds, 1 bath712 sqftListing provided by Integra Realty - CorporateMLS 1594247
- 0 beds, 0 bathlot 11,325 sqftListing provided by Utah Select Realty, Inc.MLS 1594237
- 4 beds, 3 baths1,818 sqft lot 9,583 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate - AdvantageMLS 1594206
- 2 beds, 3 baths1,575 sqft lot 435 sqftListing provided by RE/MAX ResultsMLS 1594190
- $575,0003 beds, 2 baths2,500 sqft lot 2,613 sqftListing provided by Windermere Real Estate-Utah (Salt Lake Branch)MLS 1594102
- 3 beds, 2 baths1,700 sqft lot 9,147 sqftListing provided by Exit Realty Legacy - Sugar HouseMLS 1594055
- 2 beds, 1 bath1,254 sqft lot 3,920 sqftListing provided by KW Salt Lake City Keller Williams Real EstateMLS 1594021
- 5 beds, 3 baths2,358 sqft lot 7,840 sqftListing provided by KW WESTFIELD KELLER WILLIAMS REAL ESTATEMLS 1594019
- 2 beds, 1 bath656 sqftListing provided by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Elite (Am Fork)MLS 1594056
- 3 beds, 2 baths1,782 sqft lot 6,534 sqftListing provided by Utah Elite Real EstateMLS 1594017
- $448,6005 beds, 2 baths1,964 sqft lot 8,276 sqftListing provided by REALTYPATH (PREFERRED)MLS 1594006
- $625,0004 beds, 2 baths1,708 sqft lot 11,325 sqftListing provided by MOVE UTAH REAL ESTATEMLS 1593960
- $266,0000 beds, 0 bathlot 5,662 sqftListing provided by MOVE UTAH REAL ESTATEMLS 1593954
- $540,0004 beds, 2 baths2,050 sqft lot 10,454 sqftListing provided by Windermere Real Estate-Utah (Ft. Union Branch)MLS 1593935
- 2 beds, 2 baths1,687 sqft lot 3,920 sqftListing provided by MOVE UTAH REAL ESTATEMLS 1593931
- 5 beds, 3 baths3,050 sqft lot 7,840 sqftListing provided by Plumb & CompanyMLS 1593949
- 3 beds, 2 baths1,708 sqft lot 5,662 sqftListing provided by MOVE UTAH REAL ESTATEMLS 1593946
The multiple listing information is provided by Wasatch Front Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. from a copyrighted compilation of listings. The compilation of listings and each individual listing are © 2019 Wasatch Front Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
The information provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.