To live in Salt Lake City Utah starts with a Custom MLS Search for homes for sale, condos, apartments and information for houses in Salt Lake Area Real Estate.
Salt Lake City, often shortened to Salt Lake or SLC, is the capital and the most populous municipality of the U.S. state of Utah. With an estimated population of 190,884 in 2014, the city lies at the core of the Salt Lake City metropolitan area, which has a total population of 1,153,340 (2014 estimate). Salt Lake City is further situated within a larger metropolis known as the Salt Lake City-Ogden-Provo Combined Statistical Area. This region is a corridor of contiguous urban and suburban development stretched along an approximately 120-mile (190 km) segment of the Wasatch Front, comprising a total population of 2,423,912 as of 2014. It is one of only two major urban areas in the Great Basin (the other is Reno, Nevada), and the largest in the Intermountain West.
The city was founded in 1847 by Brigham Young, Isaac Morley, George Washington Bradley and numerous other Mormon followers, who extensively irrigated and cultivated the arid valley. Due to its proximity to the Great Salt Lake, the city was originally named "Great Salt Lake City"—the word "great" was dropped from the official name in 1868 by the 17th Utah Territorial Legislature. Home to the headquarters of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) and Temple Square, Salt Lake City was historically considered a holy city by members of the LDS church; Brigham Young called it a "Kingdom of Heaven on Earth". Today, however, less than half the population of Salt Lake City proper are members of the LDS Church.
Immigration of international LDS members, mining booms, and the construction of the first transcontinental railroad initially brought economic growth, and the city was nicknamed the Crossroads of the West. It was traversed by the Lincoln Highway, the first transcontinental highway, in 1913, and presently two major cross-country freeways, I-15 and I-80, intersect in the city. Salt Lake City has since developed a strong outdoor recreation tourist industry based primarily on skiing, and hosted the 2002 Winter Olympics. It is the industrial banking center of the United States.
Information provided by Wikepedia.
Salt Lake City Real Estate Guide Listings
For additional searches please fill in your parameters in the boxes below or pick a different City Real Estate Guide.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- 4 beds, 4 baths2,200 sqft lot 3,921 sqftListing provided by REALTYPATH (PREFERRED)MLS 1609943
- 4 beds, 5 baths3,904 sqft lot 7,841 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate - SolidMLS 1609917
- 5 beds, 3 baths2,982 sqft lot 12,197 sqftListing provided by Realtypath South ValleyMLS 1609907
- 1 bed, 1 bath688 sqftListing provided by Realtypath LLC - ExecutivesMLS 1609905
- 4 beds, 2 baths1,478 sqft lot 6,099 sqftListing provided by Summit Realty ProfessionalsMLS 1609863
- $450,0003 beds, 1 bath1,794 sqft lot 7,841 sqftListing provided by Mitchell Realty & InvestmentsMLS 1609821
- $1,299,0006 beds, 5 baths6,448 sqft lot 10,019 sqftListing provided by Century 21 EverestMLS 1609797
- $305,0004 beds, 3 baths3,116 sqft lot 7,841 sqftListing provided by RANLife Real EstateMLS 1609795
- 3 beds, 2 baths1,940 sqft lot 10,019 sqftListing provided by Summit Realty, Inc.MLS 1609778
- $130,0000 beds, 0 bath720 sqft lot 3,050 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate - SolidMLS 1609750
- $870,0005 beds, 5 baths4,890 sqft lot 6,534 sqftListing provided by DLH RealtyMLS 1609734
- 2 beds, 2 baths1,844 sqftListing provided by City Creek Living, LLCMLS 1609703
- $1,020,0006 beds, 5 baths5,498 sqft lot 14,811 sqftListing provided by Windermere Real Estate-Utah (Salt Lake Branch)MLS 1609637
- 2 beds, 1 bath1,112 sqft lot 6,970 sqftListing provided by Coldwell Banker Residential Bkrg - Union HeightsMLS 1609633
- $425,0005 beds, 3 baths2,240 sqft lot 13,068 sqftListing provided by G Norman George Advantage Real EstateMLS 1609629
- 3 beds, 2 baths1,426 sqft lot 436 sqftListing provided by The Tollstrup GroupMLS 1609622
- 0 beds, 0 bathlot 2.29 acListing provided by Live Work Play, LLCMLS 1609618
- $299,9002 beds, 1 bath1,486 sqft lot 3,921 sqftListing provided by Wasatch Luxury, LLCMLS 1609526
- 2 beds, 1 bath680 sqft lot 436 sqftListing provided by ERA Brokers Consolidated - Utah CountyMLS 1609491
- $279,9004 beds, 2 baths1,810 sqft lot 6,534 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate - Premier Elite BranchMLS 1609482
- 3 beds, 2 baths1,088 sqft lot 7,841 sqftListing provided by Century 21 EverestMLS 1609500
This Custom IDX is (c) Diverse Solutions 2019.