To live in Springville Utah starts with a Custom MLS Search in our Springville UT Real Estate Guide to find homes for sale, condos, houses in the local Area Real Estate properties.
Springville is a city in Utah County, Utah, United States that is part of the Provo-Orem Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 29,466 at the 2010 census. A few minutes drive south of Provo, Springville is a bedroom community for commuters who work in the Provo-Orem and Salt Lake City metropolitan areas. Other neighboring cities include Spanish Fork and Mapleton. Springville has the nickname of "Art City". Springville was first explored in 1776 by Father Silvestre Vélez de Escalante, a Franciscan padre. What became Springville, lay along the wagon route called the Mormon Road that Mormon pioneers and 49ers traveled through southern Utah, northern Arizona, southern Nevada and Southern California. From 1855, each winter trains of freight wagons traveled on this road across the deserts between Los Angeles and Salt Lake City until the late 1860s when the railroad arrived in Utah. Springville was originally settled in 1850 by eight pioneer families who crossed the plains to Salt Lake Valley from the East and were subsequently directed by Brigham Young to settle 50 miles (80 km) further south. Incorporated in February 1853, the city was first called Hobble Creek by the early pioneers, because their horses were often hobbled (by loosely tying their front feet together) and left along the stream to graze in the lush grass. If the horses wandered into the creek, the hobbles came off in the water. Thus, the settlement earned its original name. Later, as the town grew, the name was changed to Springville, after the Fort Springville. Fort Springville was named such because of the many freshwater springs in the area, particularly near the fort. The original name was not completely lost, however, as the canyon stream (and associated canyons), a local elementary school, and city owned golf course have retained the name Hobble Creek. Art City Days, held each year in early June, is one of the first city celebrations of the summer season in Utah Valley. Residents of the area join in a variety of activities to celebrate their community and its history, as well as the warmer weather. Activities include a parade, carnival, hot air balloons, contests, rodeo, sporting events, and fireworks. Springville is also home to the Springville World Folkfest, a week-long celebration of folk dance and music held every July at the outdoor amphitheater in the Spring Acres Arts Park. Each year folk dance groups travel from around the world to participate in this festival. Folkfest performers are housed by host families in the Springville area. Every May, Springville hosts the annual Indian Festival of Utah also in Spring Acres Arts Park, the state's only cultural event devoted to East Indian, Pakistani, and South Asian communities across the Salt Lake City metropolitan area. Formerly held in nearby Spanish Fork, it represents the small but thriving Indian American and South Asian American communities of northern Utah.
Information provided by Wikipedia.
Springville Real Estate Guide Listings
For additional searches please fill in your parameters in the boxes below or pick a different City Real Estate Guide.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- 4 beds, 3 baths2,800 sqft lot 1.77 acListing provided by Realtypath LLC - Home and FamilyMLS 1609297
- 2 beds, 1 bath800 sqft lot 872 sqftListing provided by Jordan Real EstateMLS 1609101
- $400,0005 beds, 3 baths3,765 sqft lot 13,068 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate (Utah Valley)MLS 1609042
- $299,9004 beds, 3 baths1,540 sqft lot 8,277 sqftListing provided by iPro Realty Network (Orem)MLS 1608904
- $388,0000 beds, 1 bath900 sqft lot 6,970 sqftListing provided by Mountain View, Utah Real Estate, PLLCMLS 1609474
- $329,9005 beds, 3 baths2,300 sqft lot 7,406 sqftListing provided by RE/MAX ResultsMLS 1608425
- $324,9003 beds, 2 baths2,722 sqft lot 9,584 sqftListing provided by KW WESTFIELD KELLER WILLIAMS REAL ESTATEMLS 1608322
- $330,0005 beds, 3 baths2,622 sqft lot 4,792 sqftListing provided by HomieMLS 1608020
- $319,0004 beds, 2 baths2,444 sqft lot 13,940 sqftListing provided by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Elite Real EstateMLS 1607682
- $349,000Price Drop6 beds, 3 baths3,543 sqft lot 14,375 sqftListing provided by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Elite Real EstateMLS 1607620
- $369,9004 beds, 3 baths2,276 sqft lot 10,455 sqftListing provided by R and R Realty, LLCMLS 1607454
- 3 beds, 3 baths2,216 sqft lot 5,228 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate - Prosper GroupMLS 1607039
- $519,9003 beds, 2 baths3,607 sqft lot 10,019 sqftListing provided by Hunter Group RealtyMLS 1606996
- 4 beds, 3 baths2,333 sqft lot 10,019 sqftListing provided by CDG Real Estate Inc.MLS 1607025
- $11,500,0000 beds, 0 bathlot 42.63 acListing provided by Probe RealtorsMLS 1606597
- 4 beds, 3 baths5,107 sqft lot 21,345 sqftListing provided by Arive RealtyMLS 1606339
- $350,9904 beds, 3 baths2,316 sqft lot 11,326 sqftListing provided by Century Communities Realty of Utah, LLCMLS 1605823
- $354,4503 beds, 3 baths2,421 sqft lot 10,890 sqftListing provided by Richmond American Homes of Utah, IncMLS 1605713
- $334,4503 beds, 3 baths2,036 sqft lot 10,455 sqftListing provided by Richmond American Homes of Utah, IncMLS 1605665
- $265,0003 beds, 3 baths1,601 sqft lot 3,921 sqftListing provided by HomieMLS 1605254
- $235,0003 beds, 1 bath1,133 sqft lot 8,277 sqftListing provided by AMERITRUE REAL ESTATE & MANAGEMENT PLLCMLS 1603781
- $469,9001 bed, 2 baths3,064 sqft lot 2.00 acListing provided by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Elite Real EstateMLS 1603760
This IDX Software is (c) Diverse Solutions 2019.