To live in Springville Utah starts with a Custom MLS Search in our Springville UT Real Estate Guide to find homes for sale, condos, houses in the local Area Real Estate properties.
Springville is a city in Utah County, Utah, United States that is part of the Provo-Orem Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 29,466 at the 2010 census. A few minutes drive south of Provo, Springville is a bedroom community for commuters who work in the Provo-Orem and Salt Lake City metropolitan areas. Other neighboring cities include Spanish Fork and Mapleton. Springville has the nickname of "Art City". Springville was first explored in 1776 by Father Silvestre Vélez de Escalante, a Franciscan padre. What became Springville, lay along the wagon route called the Mormon Road that Mormon pioneers and 49ers traveled through southern Utah, northern Arizona, southern Nevada and Southern California. From 1855, each winter trains of freight wagons traveled on this road across the deserts between Los Angeles and Salt Lake City until the late 1860s when the railroad arrived in Utah. Springville was originally settled in 1850 by eight pioneer families who crossed the plains to Salt Lake Valley from the East and were subsequently directed by Brigham Young to settle 50 miles (80 km) further south. Incorporated in February 1853, the city was first called Hobble Creek by the early pioneers, because their horses were often hobbled (by loosely tying their front feet together) and left along the stream to graze in the lush grass. If the horses wandered into the creek, the hobbles came off in the water. Thus, the settlement earned its original name. Later, as the town grew, the name was changed to Springville, after the Fort Springville. Fort Springville was named such because of the many freshwater springs in the area, particularly near the fort. The original name was not completely lost, however, as the canyon stream (and associated canyons), a local elementary school, and city owned golf course have retained the name Hobble Creek. Art City Days, held each year in early June, is one of the first city celebrations of the summer season in Utah Valley. Residents of the area join in a variety of activities to celebrate their community and its history, as well as the warmer weather. Activities include a parade, carnival, hot air balloons, contests, rodeo, sporting events, and fireworks. Springville is also home to the Springville World Folkfest, a week-long celebration of folk dance and music held every July at the outdoor amphitheater in the Spring Acres Arts Park. Each year folk dance groups travel from around the world to participate in this festival. Folkfest performers are housed by host families in the Springville area. Every May, Springville hosts the annual Indian Festival of Utah also in Spring Acres Arts Park, the state's only cultural event devoted to East Indian, Pakistani, and South Asian communities across the Salt Lake City metropolitan area. Formerly held in nearby Spanish Fork, it represents the small but thriving Indian American and South Asian American communities of northern Utah.
Information provided by Wikipedia.
Springville Real Estate Guide Listings
For additional searches please fill in your parameters in the boxes below or pick a different City Real Estate Guide.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- $306,9003 beds, 2 baths1,762 sqft lot 10,890 sqftListing provided by Chapman Richards & AssociatesMLS 1616778
- $239,9003 beds, 1 bath2,258 sqft lot 5,663 sqftListing provided by Equity Real Estate - UtahMLS 1616593
- $335,0004 beds, 2 baths2,090 sqft lot 10,455 sqftListing provided by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Elite Real EstateMLS 1616502
- 3 beds, 2 baths1,350 sqft lot 1,743 sqftListing provided by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Elite (Am Fork)MLS 1616488
- 5 beds, 4 baths4,729 sqft lot 1.05 acListing provided by Quackenbush RealtyMLS 1616422
- $355,0004 beds, 3 baths2,116 sqft lot 7,841 sqftListing provided by Realtypath LLC - InternationalMLS 1616342
- 0 beds, 0 bathlot 3.25 acListing provided by Woodley Real EstateMLS 1616261
- 3 beds, 3 baths1,361 sqft lot 1,307 sqftListing provided by RE/MAX EquityMLS 1616186
- lot 2.36 acListing provided by Parker Brown Real EstateMLS 1616139
- 0 beds, 0 bathlot 37,898 sqftListing provided by ERA Brokers Consolidated - Utah CountyMLS 1615968
- $315,0003 beds, 2 baths2,218 sqft lot 10,455 sqftListing provided by Rems, Inc.MLS 1615922
- $362,2500 beds, 0 bathlot 3.15 acListing provided by KW Salt Lake City Keller Williams Real EstateMLS 1616820
- $269,9004 beds, 3 baths1,817 sqft lot 2,178 sqftListing provided by HomieMLS 1615639
- $295,000lot 3,485 sqftListing provided by RE/MAX EquityMLS 1615579
- lot 3,485 sqftListing provided by RE/MAX EquityMLS 1615375
- $326,0004 beds, 3 baths2,212 sqft lot 8,277 sqftListing provided by HomieMLS 1614983
- $366,4463 beds, 3 baths2,316 sqft lot 11,326 sqftListing provided by Century Communities Realty of Utah, LLCMLS 1614658
- $305,0004 beds, 3 baths1,540 sqft lot 8,277 sqftListing provided by Realtypath LLC - SolutionsMLS 1614737
- $339,000Price Drop4 beds, 3 baths2,017 sqft lot 9,148 sqftListing provided by HomieMLS 1614149
This IDX Solution is (c) Diverse Solutions 2019.